This policy explains our privacy practices for processing personal information on our Riter project management solution (the “Service”). We process your personal information subject to the terms of this policy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, subscribe, fill out a form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, credit card information and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Riter.co and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
Remember, we don’t share your information with advertisers.
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf (e.g., our payment processors who handle the payment portion of your subscriptions);
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service; and to protect Riter, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
- In connection with any merger, sale of Riter assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Third Party Analytics
Riter.co takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your details. If you wish to delete or suspend your account, please write to us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Riter by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.